Traditionally, the goal of student contests or competitions has been to identify the most talented students, to spark their interest in scientific research or other academic subjects. It is perfect time to add new, practical value to student competitions. Now we can evaluate student knowledge not only by standardized testing, but also by evaluating whether students are able to apply the acquired theoretical knowledge in practice.
Simformer offers perfect platform for conducting contests and competitions in various economics or management related subjects. Participants receive unique chance to launch a successful start-up business, for example, or lead the company out of crisis. Although it all takes place in a virtual world, participants are nevertheless faced with real-world obstacles and challenges such as, tight time and resources constrains, the necessity to cooperate and compete, analyze and take risks.
Simformer platform simulates all current processes and trends happening in retail, manufacturing, trade, service sector, agriculture, mining industry as well as medicine and science.
Educators can create student contests and competitions in business strategy, marketing, finance, HR, logistics, sales to name a few.
Simformer Business Simulation allows:
- Conducting individual and team competitions.
- organizing local and international tournaments.
- Providing or combining on-line and on-site formats.
- setting flexible time frames (from 1 day to several months).
By using Simformer Business Simulation, the stress normally present during standardized testing can be replaced with engaging gameplay dynamics. Player assessment and winner selection are fully automated, thus providing maximum objectivity.
- Online, onsite or blended formats of contests and completions.
- Duration between several hours to several months.
The participants will acquire access to:
- SBS, customized by the instructor with the help of developer tools,
- Learning materials, tests, uploaded to Simformer LMS platform by a course instructor.
Simformer platform provides a wide range of possibilities for contests organizers. It allows:
Using a student activity monitoring system in SBS:
- Regularly updated user ratings based on the companies’ key financial indicators.
Customizing SBS using developer tools:
- Starter templates that enable to configure initial conditions for business simulation depending on the course goals. It is possible to use either the existing template or create a new one together with Simformer experts
- Global settings that allow selecting geographical locations (from a small town to the whole world), the type of enterprises (among the choice of 25+ industries) and user communication tools (either within the group or with all the SBS users).
- Independent suppliers that allow creating various market scenarios for students by way of regulating the prices, the quality and the amounts of products.
Uploading learning content into powerful LMS Moodle, which:
- is connected to business simulation SBS and developer tools,
- allows uploading video, audio, text materials and tеsts,
- supports SCORM,
- ensures online communication between students and instructors,
- has a student activity tracking system, (when uploading standard tests and surveys to the LMS),
- transitions from LMS to SBS with one click.
Simformer Business Simulation is a multiuser business simulation environment, accessible through any browser. Every participant (or a team of participants) run their virtual company. The company may consist of various subdivisions: from extracting and processing natural resources to producing finished goods and selling them to end users. Depending on the simulation settings for a particular case, at the beginning the participants receive a pre-configured company or just money fund. During the game, the participants can open a variety of subdivisions (the range of subdivisions depend on the simulation settings). Managing of subdivisions includes all key business processes and functions: HR, production, marketing, sales, logistics, strategic management, finance, supply, etc. The actions of all participants are repeatedly processed by the system, depending on the frequency of business simulation turns. The Intensive mode is hourly turn- based, the Classic mode is daily turn-based. The unique feature of Simformer Business Simulation is that the game world is not predetermined by algorithm. The participants have impact on the changes on the market, which in turn influences the actions of the participants. In addition, all participants are interconnected: they buy and sell the goods, equipment and raw materials to each others. These actions create lifelike market environment with its risks and uncertainties.
Login on Simformer platform, using the login and password, which you received during the registration. Select the relevant course in the left treeview menu.
In order to enter the simulation, click on the «Enter Simulation» link.
Simformer Business Simulation can be beneficial to a wide range of participants: university professors, instructors, students, entrepreneurs, managers, e-learning specialists, business coaches and trainers.
The participants should have computers, web-browsers, internet connection; they need to be registered users or be a part of a registered team.
The participants can spend unlimited amount of time in the simulation. In fact, you would need to spend as much time as possible to develop your successful virtual business.We also recommend testing your abilities in the business simulation before starting to play and become familiar with video guides, rules and other materials.
Login on Simformer platform, using the login and password, which you received during the registration. Select the relevant course. Watch the simulation video guide. In addition to that, there are a number of hints that could be found in the simulation, which will help you to select the required number of employees, necessary equipment, salaries, etc.
Your virtual business will be interconnected with the virtual businesses of other participants; you will purchase and sell equipment, raw materials and finished goods.
The actions of all the paticipants are processed by the system with a certain intensity, depending on the frequency of simulation turns.
In order to share one company, the participants have to divide into teams. The team uses one login and password to manage the virtual company. It is possible to access the simulation from one or several computers. All team members see the same functions in the simulation. Therefore, the participants must coordinate their decisions with each other, delegating the responsibilities and duties (e.g., subdivisions) or business functions (CEO, marketing, finance, HR, manufacturing, etc.).
No, but the Certificate of Completion can be used to demonstrate your interest in learning about this area to potential employers or educational institutions. It can also be uploaded to your social networking sites.
Contests - Simformer Management Cup
- Brand: Simformer