An online game that shows the realities of crisis management. The participants will have to make the right decision in a short period of time to lead their companies out of financial difficulties.
The participants will have to manage a huge virtual company, which is faced with serious financial difficulties. The goal of the game to optimize all business processes, increase company's profitability and enter new markets.
Who might be interested
Entrepreneurs, managers, corporate trainers, business and economics students.
What Will You Learn
During the course the participants will be involved in these activities and business processes:
- Crisis management.
- Production management.
- Marketing management.
- Strategic Management.
- Business planning.
- Business expansion.
- Supply chain management.
- HR management.
The course is primarily focused on the development of such skills as:
- Decision making.
- Analytical thinking.
- Stress- resistance.
- Out-of-the-box thinking.
- Strategic and systematic thinking.
The game lasts up to 1 month, the intensity is one turn per 24 hours. Based on that you can plan how much time you can devote for working in the simulation environment.
Participants can access the game from any computer with internet connection and internet browser. The number of participants is unlimited.
|Participation||Individual / Team|
|Duration||up to 1 month|
|Number of turns||up to 30|
|Turn intensity||Every 24 hours|
|Materials||Videos and pdf materials|
Module 1: Introduction to the game.
- Introduction. Game objectives and its dynamics.
Module 2: The basics of retail trade management.
- Theory. Retail sales and operations: pricing policy, purchasing, supply management.
- Tasks. Choose the optimal price product quality and store location. Manage inventory and sales.
- Practice in business simulation. Manage a product range, purchasing, inventory, and pricing policy.
- Assignments in business simulation. Improve the current chain of retail stores and make them profitable: price, product quality, inventory, and delivery.
Module 3: Retail subdivision: size and employees.
- Theory. Compensation plan, staff qualification and efficiency.
- Tasks. Choose the optimal size of the store and the compensation plan.
- Practice in business simulation. HR manager functions, moving the subdivision to another location, up/downsizing.
- Assignments in business simulation. Optimize the size of retail subdivisions and select the compensation plan. Make sure unprofitable stores are profitable again.
Module 4: Advertising campaigns and business efficiency.
- Theory. Advertising channel planning, target audience, advertising campaign efficiency.
- Tasks. Maximize advertising campaign efficiency.
- Practice in business simulation. The functionality of advertising campaigns.
- Assignments in business simulation. Achieve 100% in advertising campaign efficiency. Support operating activities, maximize subdivisions' revenues.
- Theory. Restaurant development and management.
- Practice in business simulation. Key business functions in restaurant management.
- Assignments in business simulation. Increase restaurant net profit by at least 25%. Maximize the profitability of retail subdivisions.
- Theory. Factory management.
- Practice in business simulation. Key business functions in factory management.
- Assignments in business simulation. Increase factory net profit by at least 25%. Maximize the profitability of the restaurant and retail subdivisions.
- Theory. Strategies in geographical and product expansion.
- Practice in business simulation. Market analysis, find a market niche, open new subdivisions.
- Assignment in business simulation. Open at least 2 retail subdivisions. Maximize the profitability of existing subdivisions.
- Assignment in business simulation. Maximize the profitability of existing subdivisions.
Certificate of Completion
Gold Certificate for the participants who win the business game (Top 3 participants).
Certificate of Participation
Digital Certificates may be placed on the participants' personal profiles in LinkedIn.
Simformer Business Simulation is a multiuser business simulation environment, accessible through any browser. Every participant (or a team of participants) run their virtual company. The company may consist of various subdivisions: from extracting and processing natural resources to producing finished goods and selling them to end users. Depending on the simulation settings for a particular case, at the beginning the participants receive a pre-configured company or just money fund. During the game, the participants can open a variety of subdivisions (the range of subdivisions depend on the simulation settings). Managing of subdivisions includes all key business processes and functions: HR, production, marketing, sales, logistics, strategic management, finance, supply, etc. The actions of all participants are repeatedly processed by the system, depending on the frequency of business simulation turns. The Intensive mode is hourly turn- based, the Classic mode is daily turn-based. The unique feature of Simformer Business Simulation is that the game world is not predetermined by algorithm. The participants have impact on the changes on the market, which in turn influences the actions of the participants. In addition, all participants are interconnected: they buy and sell the goods, equipment and raw materials to each others. These actions create lifelike market environment with its risks and uncertainties.
Login on Simformer platform, using the login and password, which you received during the registration. Select the relevant course in the left treeview menu.
In order to enter the simulation, click on the «Enter Simulation» link.
Simformer Business Simulation can be beneficial to a wide range of participants: university professors, instructors, students, entrepreneurs, managers, e-learning specialists, business coaches and trainers.
The participants should have computers, web-browsers, internet connection; they need to be registered users or be a part of a registered team.
The participants can spend unlimited amount of time in the simulation. In fact, you would need to spend as much time as possible to develop your successful virtual business.We also recommend testing your abilities in the business simulation before starting to play and become familiar with video guides, rules and other materials.
Login on Simformer platform, using the login and password, which you received during the registration. Select the relevant course. Watch the simulation video guide. In addition to that, there are a number of hints that could be found in the simulation, which will help you to select the required number of employees, necessary equipment, salaries, etc.
Your virtual business will be interconnected with the virtual businesses of other participants; you will purchase and sell equipment, raw materials and finished goods.
The actions of all the paticipants are processed by the system with a certain intensity, depending on the frequency of simulation turns.
In order to share one company, the participants have to divide into teams. The team uses one login and password to manage the virtual company. It is possible to access the simulation from one or several computers. All team members see the same functions in the simulation. Therefore, the participants must coordinate their decisions with each other, delegating the responsibilities and duties (e.g., subdivisions) or business functions (CEO, marketing, finance, HR, manufacturing, etc.).
No, but the Certificate of Completion can be used to demonstrate your interest in learning about this area to potential employers or educational institutions. It can also be uploaded to your social networking sites.
Business game - Corporation in Distress, Classic
- Brand: Simformer